Alopecia UK

News Media About us

Donate

Getting involvedAbout alopeciaSupport & adviceTreatments & wigsResourcesForum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This discussion forum has been designed to allow you to connect with others, relieve feelings of isolation, share experiences, chat about day-to-day challenges and learn more about alopecia on a peer-to-peer support level.

supplements/vitamins?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ells View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: supplements/vitamins?
    Posted: 14/September/2015 at 6:57pm
Hello all,
I'm now coming to terms with my alopecia with was very much a shock as I didn't know I had lost so much hair. I have alopecia oshiasis & have regrowth at the mo but with all the reading I have done I'm trying not to get my hopes up to much.
I have been using a steroid lotion in the evening 4 about 2 months now & was also taking a hair & skin vitamin. I understand that alopecia will do what it wants but was wondering if any others use a vitamins or supplements & if you feel that they have helped in any way.
Appreciate anyone who has taken the time to read this & replied.
Thank you xx
Sponsored Links
False

Spacex View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spacex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2015 at 7:47pm
Hi Ells,

I'm quite into exploring autoimmune stuff as I look at it from a fertility perspective - trying for number 1. I haven't had aa for long enough to know what works/doesn't and I'm not sure there is even an answer. However, I have found out that omega 3's, reservatrol, and co-enzyme Q10 are good for reducing inflammation (which we have around our hair follicles) and avoiding chocolate and refined sugar as it increases TNFa which is associated with AA. I had a blood test around the time I first developed AA and it flagegd up I was low on potassium - my husband was as well, so now eat more fruit and take a multivitamin. I'm unsure about taking other vits and minerals as they can do more harm than good sometimes.

xxx
Ells View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2015 at 10:16pm
Thank you Spacex for replying & all your advice. I will certainly look into all of the above. Only thing is I love chocolate! Ha Ha xx
Debs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/September/2015 at 9:11pm
Hi Ells Ive had alopecia areata for around 7yrs but as soon as the patches came they all grew back again but early last year i lost most of my hair line at the front of my head and at the back then a big patch came on my crown. I was recommended by my local hair shop to try vit B complex and Biotin. All my hair eventually grew back. However in March this year it ALL came out and I now have alopecia universalis, I am also losing my fingernails so my consultant has told me to keep taking the biotin. As you said you'll never know what works for alopecia but you'll try anything. However there is a post on here back a couple of years ago about Duncan Goodhew the olympic gold medalist. And they commented that his diet and excersize routine must of been one of the best and even he can't grow a fringe!!!!!!! So who knows but I still live in hope and will try anything. Hope you find something x
Ells View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/September/2015 at 1:43pm
Hi Debs, thank you so much for replying. Having Alopecia is such a roller coaster & my journey is just beginning. You seem to be coping really well. Thank you so much for the info. I'm currently taking a hair & skin complex vitamin which has biotin in it but was wondering to take that separately as well? I'm also taking magnesium as I've read that that can help. Like you said I will try anything & I too live in hope that they will find a cure. I wish you all the very best x
Finn2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finn2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2017 at 9:29am
Alopecia is a good supplement.If you want to boost your sport performance however and improve your S*xual ability all you need is "Testx Core"... a testosterone level booster. Check http://supplement-help.com for details
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic