News Media About us

Donate

Getting involvedAbout alopeciaSupport & adviceTreatments & wigsResearchForum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello, I'm New Here

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello, I'm New Here
    Posted: 19/November/2015 at 6:25pm
Hello Everyone

My Name is Emma, I'm 29 and I have had hair loss for the best part of 5 years. I have been seeing a dermatologist for 4 years. When my hair first started coming out I thought it was normal, it was actually my dad seeing my hair in the plug that pointed out that it was too much hair to be normal. 

I went to see my doctor and that was fun in itself, one doctor laughed it off and told me it was normal and "we shed our hair more in certain months than in others." another doctor tried to tell me I was allergic to shampoo and conditioner (I know right Wacko) and finally the doctor that runs our surgery looked at my head and told me she had no idea what the other doctors were thinking and she told me there and then that I had Alopecia and she referred me to a Dermatologist.

So for the last four years I have been seeing a Dermatologist, in this time I have had endless blood tests, hormone pills (which were awful Dianette made me really ill ), creams, regaine, lotions, dermovate and the most recent one is a steroid cream. I have only recently had a biopsy which I am still awaiting results on.

Sorry if this is a bit of a long post but i just wanted to ask.

I have been told by my dermatologist that i have female pattern Alopecia, and foliclitis (sp?)  which was fine but upon reading information on this web site and also on this forum I am thinking that the hospital have mis diagnosed me because over the last 12 - 18 months my scalp has started to bleed and i tend to have little lumps that leave dried blood / scabs on my scalp, my scalp gets very inflamed (the only way i can explain it is it feels like sunburn) the itching is relentless and it hurts to wash / brush / touch my scalp, some of these lumps are small and spot like some are bigger and harder, and I thought that this sounded more like scarring alopecia? I also have ceoliac disease - I'm not sure if there's a connection between that and alopecia... just don't feel like i'm getting anywhere...

I am open to any help, advice, or opinion from you, feeling very tearful and confused at the moment and just needed someone to talk to.

Emma x

p.s - i wasn't sure where to post this so i have posted this in androgenic alopecia also - i hope this is ok

Edited by Emz - 19/November/2015 at 6:43pm
Sponsored Links
False

Post Reply Post Reply