News Media About us

Donate

Getting involvedAbout alopeciaSupport & adviceTreatments & wigsResearchForum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

URGENT - blood samples needed for FFA research

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Seni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Seni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: URGENT - blood samples needed for FFA research
    Posted: 30/March/2016 at 5:25pm
Today I gave a blood sample for the frontal fibrosing alopecia research being conducted at Guy's hospital, they need 1000 women in the UK to give a blood sample to look at our DNA and other factors to find the cause of our FFA.

If you do not live near Guy's then you can give a blood sample at a local clinic and they can forward it to the research team.

Ladies, if you have FFA this is our chance to find out the cause, without our blood samples the researchers cannot nail this.

I have told Dr Tziotzios that I will post his email on support sites for alopecia to try and basically drum up some more ladies to participate in his research. So please contact him on

christos.tziotzios@kcl.ac.uk

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
False

Pavla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pavla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/March/2016 at 9:39pm
Thanks for the reminder Seni.  I contacted Christos last year when his new research study was announced.  He told me that my consultant (in Newcastle) was going to take part in the research so I could take part via them.  I mentioned it to her last summer and she noted my willingness to take part but she hasn't mentioned anything since.  I'm back there in a few weeks so will mention it again.  Failing that, I'm in London for a few days in August so, if not participated by then, I'll arrange with Christos to call into Guys.
mhairtransplant View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mhairtransplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2016 at 2:33pm
pls do it dear
Pavla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pavla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/October/2016 at 7:45pm
Had my blood taken as part of this research...hopefully they get a very good response from others.  Anyone else taken part?
Flint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Flint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2016 at 6:41pm
Yes I have given blood samples also two scalp samples and full medical history of me and my siblings for research going on both at Guys and elsewhere.
SarahB16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote SarahB16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/October/2016 at 9:43pm
I've just been to see my dermatologist in Newcastle and took part in this research, hope it comes up with something!
Pavla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pavla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2016 at 7:10pm
Sarah...I go to the RVI in Newcastle too.  Are you seeing Dr Tee Wei Siah?
 Post Reply Post Reply