Alopecia UK

News Media About us

Donate

Getting involvedAbout alopeciaSupport & adviceTreatments & wigsResourcesForum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This discussion forum has been designed to allow you to connect with others, relieve feelings of isolation, share experiences, chat about day-to-day challenges and learn more about alopecia on a peer-to-peer support level.

Integrated system / lace toppers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LouiseC123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouiseC123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Integrated system / lace toppers
    Posted: 24/February/2017 at 8:37am
Hi.  This is my first post.  I've had thinning hair for years which I managed reasonably well to cover up.  I was diagnosed in my twenties with AGA and have basically just got on with it as the NHS mainly seem to view it as not life threatening and not a priority.  Although it has been a major blight on my life.  I'm now 53 and gone through the menopause and its got to the stage I can't even attempt to cover my hair loss as its getting so thin and patchy.  I've now got to the point where I want some sort of hair system be it integrated or a lace topper which I've seen mentioned on this forum.  I've came across a well known hair salon in Glasgow - Betty Reilly - which offers both solutions and I was hopping there might be some members of this forum who have used the salon and could give me some advice.
Sponsored Links
False

Tilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2017 at 9:48pm
Hi Louise

Welcome to the group though sorry you have to be here.

I too have AGA, finally diagnosed about three years ago after little help from my GP. I won't go into it all again now but if you look at some of my previous posts I've had lots of rants on here.

I was told the same as you, there's nothing that can be done by the NHS so get on with it, very unsympathetic.

My hair is horribly thin on top and my bright pink scalp shows through. I have got a synthetic wig but lack the courage to wear it.

Unfortunately I'm at the other end of the country so can't be much help ad regards the Betty Reilly hair salon but I just thought I would get in touch.

Best wishes

Tilly
Tana49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tana49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2017 at 2:54pm
I don't know the salon, I am in london but I have an integrated system and its fabulous.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouiseC123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2017 at 9:06am
Thanks for your message - it was very kind of you to reply.  It made me realise that I've never spoken to anyone about hair loss (other than doctors). For some reason I just couldn't speak to my family/friends etc. Its like the elephant in the room.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouiseC123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2017 at 9:08am
There seems to be a real polarisation of opinions on the integrated system.  Some people love it and others not so happy.  I'm glad its working for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic