News Media About us

Donate

Getting involvedAbout alopeciaSupport & adviceTreatments & wigsResearchForum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cortisone Injections

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kgroarke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kgroarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cortisone Injections
    Posted: 03/May/2017 at 11:14am
Hi, 

I first noticed a tiny Bald Patch (around the same size as a 2p Coin) in February, Went to the doctors and they said if i lose any more to go back. I went back 3 times after this as my hair was falling out rapidly. The tiny patch has now covered most of the top of my head, Crown and Back. I still have hair but it is very thin. 

The 4th time going back to my GP they finally referred me to the dermatologist, I am due to see them for the first time in around a month. I was just wondering what it is they actually do the first time seeing them? How long does it take for them to do the injections? Do you have to keep going back and also the most important question is.. Does it hurt?

If anyone could give me more information on the Cortisone Injections, that would be great!!

Thank You!  
Sponsored Links
False

Jack_Zijdenbos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack_Zijdenbos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2017 at 1:32am
Hey kgraoarke, I too have tried some steroid injections! Though for myself, there were no noticeable results, it can be very effective for some people. I think, because of the way the health service works, it can take a long time for the NHS to get your treatment done. This does make sense, though it can be tough, I'm sure we can agree, there are people with much bigger problems that need dealing with first! 
It didn't work for me, it may work for you! Really, the feeling is very minimal, its comparable to someone giving you a hard flick with a finger to the head, but nothing more. What can happen, and what's happened to me, is that a tiny little divot is left in the scalp, but it really doesn't look unnatural.
I wish you all the best of luck :) 
Jack 
 Post Reply Post Reply