Alopecia UK

News Media About us

Donate

Getting involvedAbout alopeciaSupport & adviceTreatments & wigsResourcesForum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This discussion forum has been designed to allow you to connect with others, relieve feelings of isolation, share experiences, chat about day-to-day challenges and learn more about alopecia on a peer-to-peer support level.

New to the forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CarolineW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarolineW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to the forum
    Posted: 13/October/2017 at 12:23am
I am 54 and hopefully coming through the menopause now having suffered for at least the last 7 with hot flushes; by which I mean streaming with sweat. I was just thinking I should now start to feel better about myself but have noticed over the last couple of years I have developed bald patches, and in recent months hair that is falling out in clumps. My scalp from the hairline seems to be constantly burning in colour, although it does not necessarily feel hot but is absolutely covered in a thick crust that I cannot seem to shift, although I do use coconut oil to try to keep it at bay which sometimes helps. I have been using a cold tar shampoo for a number of years but that does not seem to do anything in the last 8 months or so. Around that time I stopped shampooing my hair at all, which seemed to help initially but my scalp and hair loss has got worse in the last couple of months. The doctor prescribed an acid to strip the scalp but Boots don't seem to be able to source it, having had my prescription for the last 3 weeks now.

I also seem to have got very sore armpits, which is now spreading down my arms and chest.

I am getting to my wits end thinking of shaving it all off and being done with it but that is my femininity which I really want to hold onto for as long as I possibly can.   If anyone can give me some advise I would appreciate it.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
False

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic