The Summer is upon us....not that you'd know it from the recent turn in the weather! We thought it would be a great time to launch another social media photo competition!
Up for grabs is a copy of 'Head-On Stories of Alopecia' by Deann Callis Graham, a fabulous book full of photos and experiences of individuals with alopecia. And as if that wasn't enough, we will throw in an Alopecia UK goody bag too! But an even bigger prize is raising some awareness in September, Alopecia Awareness Month!
A £20 shopping voucher is available for the winning entry from a child (under 18), plus Alopecia UK goody bag too!
How to take part
1. Take a photo that has an 'Alopecia UK Summer Lovin' theme. Anything that sums up your Summer! As these photos will also form part of an awareness album for 'Alopecia Awareness Month' (September), the photos should have an 'alopecia angle' of some kind. This could mean the photo includes a person with visible alopecia. Or perhaps an alopecia awareness sign of some kind? Maybe an interesting piece of summer headwear? Or perhaps wearing an Alopecia UK t-shirt? You could even write an alopecia awareness message in the sand! We're hoping to see some creative entries that will help to form a brilliant album of photos to share in September. (Thanks to Sue for sharing her summery silhouette which will hopefully inspire some creative entries!)
2. Once you have taken your photo, email it to email@example.com along with your first name and where the photo was taken (to be displayed with the photo). Please give your email the subject title 'Summer Lovin Photo Competition Entry'. For any teenage/young adult entries, please confirm if the person taking part is under or over 18 years of age. All photos to be included in the 'Alopecia UK Summer Lovin' album must be received by midday on Friday 1st September 2017. The Facebook album will be launched on Monday 4th September 2017.
3. You will then be able to encourage your family and friends to 'like' your photo in our Facebook album, ideally by sharing our page and raising awareness at the same time! The photo with the most likes by 5pm on Friday 29th September 2017 will win our prize. (2 prizes available; one for over 18s, one for under 18s). In the event of a draw in either category, names will be places in a hat and a winner drawn at random.
Terms and Conditions
If you are under the age of 16 you must obtain permission from your parent/guardian before you enter this competition and the photo must be sent in by them.
· Only one photo entry will be accepted per person.
· The deadline for receiving entries for the competition is final. No entries received after the given date will be considered.
· The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
· The Winner will be contacted personally and announced on Alopecia UK's Facebook page.
. Alopecia UK reserves the right to omit any photos that it feels are unsuitable to be shared with the public or do not meet the brief of the competition.
· This competition is not open to employees or Trustees of Alopecia UK, however we may include their photos in the album. They will not be eligible for any prize.
· Alopecia UK reserves the right to cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
· Entrants agree to their photo being published on Alopecia UK's public Facebook page, Flickr account and any future charity publications.